Democratic Support Tanking Among Minority Voters

Recent polling and analytics from Gallup show that Democrats are losing support among minority voters. The Democratic Party seems to be losing its edge in support among black and Hispanic voters even though it still holds a lead over the GOP when it comes to minority voters.

Last year, Democrats had the support of 66% of black voters, who were either Democrats or left-leaning. On the other end, only 19% of black voters went with the right. While the difference of 47 percentage points seems like a lot, it was an all-time low for Democratic support among black voters since Gallup started holding its poll in 1999.

In 2020, Democrats had 66% more support than Republicans among black voters, as the right only had 11% support while 77% sided with Democrats.

For Hispanic voters, Democrats had 12% more support than Republicans, resulting in the closest gap between the two parties among the demographic since 2011.

There has also been a change in the gap between the two parties when it comes to support among education groups as Democrats are preferred by those with a higher level of education while those with less education tend to favor Republicans.

According to the Gallup poll, about 50% of voters with no or some college education identify as Republican or right-leaning while 40% of them support Democrats. On the other hand, 60% of voters who have a postgraduate degree identify as Democrats or are left-leaning, while 31% support Republicans.

The insight into voters’ preference comes as President Joe Biden is tanking in support among major minority voters, especially black voters, ahead of the 2024 election. While he has the support of more black voters than either of the two Republican candidates, a USA Today-Suffolk University poll from last month showed he received 24% support less than he had in 2020 ahead of the election which he ran against former President Donald Trump.

Previous articleHaley Says Nevada Was Rigged For Trump
Next articleBiden Snaps At Reporters, Special Counsel Over Age Concerns